WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:52 pm 

Here’s one source https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/winston--salem-nc-population

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:36 am 

The O'Hanlon Building has leased two more floors to different tenants. It's good to see office space leasing-up.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:51 am 

Fourth and Main wrote:
The O'Hanlon Building has leased two more floors to different tenants. It's good to see office space leasing-up.

That would be news to me. As far as I know, all upfitted floors have been leased for some time. Do you know who the tenants are?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 2:52 am 

I'm glad to hear that it's being leased, it's such a beautiful building! I wish they would develop a penthouse apartment on the top floor!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 8:57 am 

A local architect is in talks (no permits or contract signed at this time) for design work on two floors of the O'Hanlon Building for two projects. The person who shared this with me deleted it for some reason? Reading that, it sounds like two more office leases, but maybe not? Thankfully, I still had my notes, so I could look back over it. I found the architect (Espinosa) and that led to more questions than answers. They worded it a little differently. I will say it is carefully worded to be vague. No mention of which floors or the expected use. The architect did use the words "two interesting urban projects" and "two floors." I seem to remember posting last year on talk of an upscale jazz club and cocktail lounge, called Jazzy J's Cocktail Lounge, with stage and dance floor, on two floors of the O'Hanlon Building? That sounds interesting, urban, is two uses (music club and bar), and uses two floors? If the office space is fully leased, maybe it's not office... looking at the architect's description, maybe it's retail/entertainment? Maybe it's Jazzy J's upscale jazz club and cocktail lounge? The retail space does appear to be two storeys?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 10:08 pm 

Interesting. So for clarity, I am very familiar with this building and keep a close eye on what's happening with it. The only floors fully ready for occupancy are 6-8, all of which are occupied. 5 is 90% ready, just needs the bathrooms finished, but it's also an entirely open space. 4 needs a gut, 2 and 3 are 50% done or so. So if what you heard is true, I would presume it's either 2, 3, or 5. If it's consumer oriented, probably 2 or 3.

The storefront is one floor, but there's a mezzanine accessable via a stairway in the main lobby that has a door that leads to the back of the space. This creates problems with code compliance to have two separate uses on the main floor and mezzanine I would think. But it is an interesting element of the space.

The vagueness probably comes from the building being on the verge of being sold. In all likelihood, any plans are contingent on the sale going through. The major cause of most of these sales failing to go through in the past is only one of the two elevators is functional. Good news is, I've heard the interested buyer has already made plans to fix that, which indicates that he seems to have factored this expense in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:37 am 

I'm guessing the jazz club and cocktail lounge is out, since I learned of a new potential tenant for the O'Hanlon Building.

The Hargro House Smoke & Reserve "could" open in the O'Hanlon Building. It's a cigar lounge and the owner is from Charlotte, but he has Winston-Salem connections. I think he was born in Winston-Salem. I want to make it clear, this is not a done deal. This person is just exploring the idea. Seriously exploring the idea, as you can tell, but still just exploring the idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:23 pm 

From TBJ: "Start of construction delayed at The Resurgent, N.C. A&T Real Estate Foundation's $60M development" https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/ ... sboro.html They cite "interest rate volatility" in the article. Also, the Fed chairman said another 75 basis-point hike, or a 50 basis-point move, was likely at the next meeting of policy makers. Hopefully this won't create problems for the eye center, but it may cause problems for the BBT building or any other projects that don't have their financing already in place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:50 am 

I was reading in the Journal that what appears to be Clubhouse Properties bought the third floor office space in Trader's Row? Clubhouse Properties is for people interesting in taking golf trips. They are based in Pinehurst / Sandhills Region. The Journal made it sound as if they are buying the entire floor of office space? Does anyone know what their plans could be? Are they moving to downtown Winston-Salem or opening a back office here, or planning another business here or maybe it's just an investment they will rent? I can't find anyone who knows what their plans are?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:15 am 

Walter Robbs is still located on the about half of the 3rd floor.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:19 am 

Fourth and Main wrote:
I was reading in the Journal that what appears to be Clubhouse Properties bought the third floor office space in Trader's Row? Clubhouse Properties is for people interesting in taking golf trips. They are based in Pinehurst / Sandhills Region. The Journal made it sound as if they are buying the entire floor of office space? Does anyone know what their plans could be? Are they moving to downtown Winston-Salem or opening a back office here, or planning another business here or maybe it's just an investment they will rent? I can't find anyone who knows what their plans are?

I'm assuming you're referencing the very brief article that only gave the buyer as: SBI 530 Trade WS LLC? If not and there's an actual story, please link.

I'll dig in a smidge and see what I can come up with if anything through some people but my general first reaction is that of stumped. Not sure why a golf house rental company with 4 properties, 3 in Pinehurst, 1 in St. Andrews would 1) need all that space 2) move from Pinehurst to Winston-Salem.

My google snooping has lead in weird circles where I'm still struggling to see a connection to a company that has the need for that space at that price in that location. Appears to be some links to property management for residential units in Texas?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32