WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:05 pm 

The WS Fairgrounds have released the lineup of the Summer Indoor Concert Series in the Annex Theatre that they have been presenting over the last several years... A little top heavy with Country artists, which isn't necessarily my jam, but like Walker said lets support live music in the city so we can hopefully build up more touring acts to come through here.

May 19 @ 7:30 Rodney Atkins

May 20 @ 7:30 Ricky Scaggs

June 17 @ 7:30 The Roots and Boots tour featuring Aaron Tippin, Collin Raye, & Sammy Kershaw

June 25 @ 7:00 An Evening with Charlie Wilson

July 15 @ 7:30 Wynonna Judd with Big Noise

Aug 26 @ 7:30 Little Texas with Crawford & Power

Aug 27 @ 7:00 The B.B. King Experience with Claudette King

www.wsfairgrounds.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:32 am 

I always enjoy going to a few of these a year. Some of the best people watching! :drunk:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:59 am 

This year's Merlefest is particularly impressive. I'm looking forward to Trampled by Turtles, Greensky Bluegrass, Colin Hay, and Old Crow Medicine Show. And of course the regulars like Sam Bush and the Krueger Bros. Emmy Lou Harris is closing it out on Sunday.

Merlefest is a hugely important Americana festival and we're super lucky to have it just 45 minutes up the road!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:18 am 

walker wrote:
Merlefest is a hugely important Americana festival and we're super lucky to have it just 45 minutes up the road!

Wonder if Winston's hotels get a nice bump from that weekend?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:14 am 

Looks like the music scene is as hot as the ozone in the Twin City....

https://www.downtownws.com/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:37 pm 

Gears and Guitars

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CiTt9RJgHX ... g1NjBiNjg=

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:11 am 

Don’t have an Instagram account.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:45 am 

Billy Strings has announced Friday and Saturday night shows in Winston. I'm incredibly excited and honestly shocked that we're getting Billy and credit to whoever pulled it off.

The venue has not been announced, but I'm guessing it will be the Joel. Wake is out of town on the 4th with the last home game 2/28.

This is his one stop in North Carolina on his winter/spring/early summer world tour and will draw from across the state and VA.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:02 pm 

Deacfan wrote:
Billy Strings has announced Friday and Saturday night shows in Winston. I'm incredibly excited and honestly shocked that we're getting Billy and credit to whoever pulled it off.

The venue has not been announced, but I'm guessing it will be the Joel. Wake is out of town on the 4th with the last home game 2/28.

This is his one stop in North Carolina on his winter/spring/early summer world tour and will draw from across the state and VA.

I saw him in a sold out Greensboro Coliseum last time he was in the area. I'm with you. It will be the Joel. It's on a Friday and Saturday night so that's huge for tourism!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:40 pm 

There must be a conflict with a larger do at the Greensboro facility, but still outstanding for W-S.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:23 am 

Quote:
There must be a conflict with a larger do at the Greensboro facility

Seems as if the 2023 ACC Women’s Basketball Tournament is March 1 - 5, 2023, at Greensboro so I reckon that could not be preempted. The Billy Strings Concert in W-S is March 3 & 4, 2023 with venue “announcing soon.” Joel Coliseum schedule apparently is set only through February 28, 2023 with only basketball games scheduled from now until then. Quel surprise with Greensboro Coliseum pulling the strings.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:31 am 

This is part of the celebration of Doc Watson’s 100th birthday. They were actually looking west of here, not east, and couldn’t find a suitable venue.

There will be a number of adjacent shows including late-night after-concerts. Strong hope that this will turn into an annual celebration!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:52 pm 

Quote:
Strong hope that this will turn into an annual celebration!
Me too!!! But, it is of concern that if there is no major event at the Greensboro Coliseum during the time and with Greensboro in charge they might snatch it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:50 am 

walker wrote:
This is part of the celebration of Doc Watson’s 100th birthday. They were actually looking west of here, not east, and couldn’t find a suitable venue.

There will be a number of adjacent shows including late-night after-concerts. Strong hope that this will turn into an annual celebration!

Somehow I completely missed his post saying this and that there would be "very special guests". There are a lot of names that come to mind, especially when thinking about people Billy's worked with in the past, but a VERY large part of me feels that we'll see at least a couple McCourys, if not the entire Travelin' McCoury band show up with their connections to both Billy, the area, and Doc.

Very glad that I already have floor tickets for Friday, I was beyond elated before hearing this, and this just takes things to a new place.

Is there any info on the adjacent shows? Currently seeing a convenient gap in Ramkat's scheduling that weekend before having the Wood Brothers booked the following, maybe something maybe wishful thinking on my part.