WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:56 am 

What, I really doubt that list. Virginia Beach (21) very doubtful and Yonkers number 4, my NYC wife does not believe that one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:59 am 

Interesting https://www.bestplaces.net/compare-cities/winston-salem_nc/greensboro_nc/costofliving

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:05 pm 

This is a very interesting article. North Carolina leads the nation with it’s obsession for shopping with Amazon which has facilitated all the Amazon investment in the state. https://transimpact.com/amazon-obsession-by-state/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:31 am 

Unbraced tied-arch structure becomes symbol for Winston-Salem, North Carolina

https://www.roadsbridges.com/no-2-bridg ... ian-bridge

This is a detailed article on the Green Street Pedestrian Bridge, with engineering and construction details you may find interesting. The bridge is 109 feet / 33.25 metres long and the tallest arches are angled at 13° with a height of 32 feet / 9.76 metres and the shorter arches are angled at 30° with a height of 16 feet / 4.88 metres.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:40 pm 

Taken after a Dash game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:47 pm 

Those are great photo's! I was driving through the city a few nights ago and the arches look fantastic at night! Both bridges are beautiful additions to the parkway. I hope Creative Corridors will start a new project to replace the chain link fence on both bridges with glass panels.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:54 pm 

I want to see lamp posts mounted to the Church Street bridge over Salem Parkway!

This city misses so many opportunities, or it either takes forever to make things happen. Decorative lamp posts are on the bridge crossing Business 40 in Kernersville just before the Main St exit, and on a bridge in Charlotte over I77 just before the Brookshire Freeway. They make the cities look far more urban....and in the case of the Church Street bridge, there are extensions poured in the concrete already for lamp posts to be mounted.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:55 am 

I love this bridge - a rare occurrence of something really making a statement in W-S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:48 pm 

The lamp posts are waiting on the downtown streetscape projects. They didn't know what light standards they would use at the time of bridge construction. They want the new bridges to match the new streetscape in downtown.

I think it was Jason Thiel (I could be wrong on the person?) who said (paraphrasing) that bridge carried a large amount of pedestrian traffic during baseball game nights? It's interesting to actually see it. Are people parking on that side and using the bridge or are West Salem residents walking to ballgames or maybe some of both? It's exciting to see it used. Thank you for sharing those photographs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:36 pm 

Fourth and Main wrote:
The lamp posts are waiting on the downtown streetscape projects. They didn't know what light standards they would use at the time of bridge construction. They want the new bridges to match the new streetscape in downtown.

I think it was Jason Thiel (I could be wrong on the person?) who said (paraphrasing) that bridge carried a large amount of pedestrian traffic during baseball game nights? It's interesting to actually see it. Are people parking on that side and using the bridge or are West Salem residents walking to ballgames or maybe some of both? It's exciting to see it used. Thank you for sharing those photographs.

The grass lots owned by Carolina University (formerly Piedmont International) south of the old motel are used as parking lots for the ballgames. Anecdotally, I know at least one family in West Salem who has walked to ballgames via that bridge. I’ve also had a beer at West Salem Public House before walking over to a game. But I’d imagine the bulk of people crossing that bridge for ballgames are walking to or from parked cars.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30