WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Truliant
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:56 pm 

I started a new thread for Truliant, but let me know if this should be moved. This is from a short article in today's TBJ: "Q&A: Truliant's Todd Hall on growth, scaling and when its name will top the Winston Tower" Just a few points; he said that their growth was accelerating and they planned to hire 100 more associates this year. He also said 34 branches in total, 17 of those are in the Triad 13, more in Charlotte, three in southwest Virginia and one in Greenville, South Carolina and "probably three years out we will have 48 or 50 locations". From the questioner: "You’ve added 80,000 members since 2016 and are approaching 300,000 members". About the sign: "He said the sign is in production and should be done in the next month or so, and we're hoping for the May or June timeframe when the sign will be installed. "We think it is extremely impactful from a branding perspective because so many people on Highway 52 or or Salem Parkway will see it. We're going upgrade all the LED lighting around the underlying support area below the sign." and they will use the 18th floor.

This next quote is the most important sentence in the article: "We just really think this establishes our commitment to the Triad and Winston-Salem. We've been here 70 years, we’re the largest bank or credit union headquartered in the Triad. We really just wanted this to be a symbol of being truly committed to the Triad and we're here to stay" It's so nice to hear those words from a growing financial organization!

Here's the link to the article: https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/ ... l-q-a.html

Post subject: Re: Truliant
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:57 am 

Very impressive. - W-S needs more like him!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:39 pm 

yadkinv wrote:

I second that sentiment :tup: Pleased to hear about the upgrading to LED lighting around the crown of the building. Did the article indicate what type of corporate functions would be conducted on the 18th floor?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:39 pm 

zalo wrote:
yadkinv wrote:

I second that sentiment :tup: Pleased to hear about the upgrading to LED lighting around the crown of the building. Did the article indicate what type of corporate functions would be conducted on the 18th floor?

Not really, and Andy (the interviewer) I think asked an admittedly bad question around the function by asking if there was going to be a branch presence, which nobody was expecting. Here's the most info they give:

"Q: Will Truliant have a branch office in the building?

A: We won’t have a branch, but we will use the 18th floor. We're going upgrade that space. There will be a really nice conference room in there that not only our board will use, but we make it available organizations that support the Triad. We’ll put some offices in there to allow some folks work off-site for innovative, collaborative kinds of sessions. It will probably be 2023 before that is built out."

Again, to me, it reads like they're doing the bare minimum for it not to be perceived as just a billboard which I still think it is.

Just as a side note, who edits these interviews because it's a tough read.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:22 pm 

I still applaud this - better than what is there now and I still think it's great!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:25 pm 

Truliant to install 880 solar panels at new operations center in Winston-Salem! https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/ ... enter.html It's nice to see them take a lead in the city!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:59 am 

Quote:
May or June timeframe when the sign will be installed.

July is here... Whatever happened with this project? I checked and there is no sign of the sign or its pending installation. Did they back-away from this project.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:58 am 

Duplicate post

Last edited by WSBornNBred on Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:59 am 

I've wondered that myself. My assumption is that it has just been delayed due to usual reasons these days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:56 am 

It’s W-S where announced projects take years (decades) or simply evaporate as in Unity Place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:46 pm 

The Truliant signage at Winston Tower is cancelled, as of June 2022. If they want to install this signage in the future, they will have to start everything all-over-again and so far... they haven't.

We will file this under "evaporated" or "vapor project," as a friend likes to call these. Vapor Projects are officially announced, with renderings and start/completion dates, and just fade away, months or years later, with no work starting and no one saying or explaining anything. Months or years after the announcement, someone looks at the site and says: Wasn't something planned there? It would've looked tacky anyway. Plans had it rising above the roof of the building! It would've been nice to have a corporate name on that building, but the way it looks now is more classy. I thought the sign was being manufactured in February/March, with the sign's manufacturing scheduled for completion in April?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:09 pm 

Typical - another “thing” announced and withdrawn. Does this happen as frequently in other cities? I thought it to be a good idea. I am definitely not a fan of naming towers after the city in which it is located, the street address, or people for that matter. What a shame.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:58 pm 

Fourth and Main wrote:
The Truliant signage at Winston Tower is cancelled, as of June 2022.

Good. Hated it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:26 pm 

The Possum wrote:
Fourth and Main wrote:
The Truliant signage at Winston Tower is cancelled, as of June 2022.

Good. Hated it!

Maybe not? https://journalnow.com/business/local/c ... 9ccf1.html

In the category of "good news" for those who want the signs: It appears as if they may have backed-away from the signage project in June due to the building being sold? I thought it was odd for them to back-away from the signage project like that? It took four months for the new owner to close. Now that the building has changed owners, Truliant may start the process over again to install the signs? I'm guessing that may take another month or two? The new owner said that naming rights deal was one of the big factors in his decision to buy it and the credit union is still interested in the signage project. Hopefully, if they do install these signs, they will also convert the observation deck lighting to LED, which was also in the original signage change plans? This was a big project for the top of the building. It was scheduled to be completed for the credit union's late-April anniversary celebration, but didn't happen. And that would line-up with this transaction. There are no details of when the credit union may start the process over again to install the signs or when we could expect to see them, if they do.