WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:40 pm 

Big news for Greensboro and the Triad, as it appears a Top Golf will be constructed near PTI.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:56 am 

Big news for Greensboro as I am sure it will be listed. One notes that the other new location in NC is listed as Raleigh-Durham even though actually in Durham, imagine that. Who’s taking bets this one will be listed as Greensboro-Winston Salem (pesky hyphen construction). One would think that including W-S in the name would be economically and commercially beneficial, but even if Topgolf wanted to do so, Greensboro would pitch a tantrum and offer all sorts of reasons why not. After all Raleigh-Durham is known as such nationwide Greensboro-Winston Salem is not (think PTI displays in airports nationwide). After all, it seems that W-S is just a sizable suburb of Greensboro (nationwide image) and the local W-S/Forsyth leadership takes no positive action to the contrary. I don’t think I’ll waste money on that bet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:41 am 

You don't want Top Golf in the middle of your city. I've seen two in suburban Atlanta and they are big, light-up the night sky (heavy light pollution), and are ugly. Looking at the location, I'm concerned they may try to open in both cities. It's not a central location for the Triad, near the county line. I would prefer one massive three-storey Top Golf in Kernersville or Colfax, near the Novant Kernersville Hospital. It's something you do occasionally, usually as an after-work activity paid for by your employer. For this reason (something you do occasionally), it's usually a destination you're willing to travel a few extra miles/kilometres to. It's fun, but not something you do all the time. I've visited the Alpharetta location, thanks to my employer's after-work team activities. I pass that same Alpharetta location frequently on 400 and it's a big mesh screen with lights on tall poles that light-up the sky for a good distance. Half of it is a large parking lot. Stuff like doesn't belong in the middle of a city. It belongs in suburbia.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:46 pm 

This article was in todays TBJ: "Science Center plans bio dome and aquatic rehab facility as it aims for $100M economic impact' "The Greensboro Science Center has set big tourism goals as it plans for two major additions.

The Science Center is aiming to increase attendance to three-quarters of a million and boost its annual economic impact from $77 million to $100 million as it plans to use its share of the upcoming $70 million Greensboro parks and recreation bond for projects called “Expedition Rainforest: Greensboro Biodome” and “The Aquatic Rehabilitation and Care Complex.”

Here's the link to the article: https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/ ... mpact.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14