WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:04 am 

Fourth and Main wrote:
And the new vegan restaurant is opening in one of the worst spaces that seems very disconnected from the actual downtown. In my opinion, that space isn't downtown. It's Holly Avenue Neighborhood. It shares a block with single family homes and there isn't much around it. It will have to be a destination in that location. In good news, it did appear in Eater, as one of the Carolinas most anticipated restaurants.

In a city with an embarrassing dearth of vegan restaurants, it will undoubtedly be a destination.
Its former location way out in Northpoint, Egypt ("Mozzarella Fellas") certainly was!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:31 am 

A new bar is opening on Burke Street... but the location given is that of Gatsby's Pub?

It appears as if someone working at Stifel is looking into opening a new bar called Eastern Standard and it could be in that (Gatsby's) space, unless I was given a wrong address? I guess we shall see. We will just say Burke Street for now, until I can confirm that location with another source.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:55 pm 

It's actually going into the space where Winston-Salem Social (Black Bear) use to be. Previous owner has taken it over again and has been renovating it. Don't know much more than that except I'm thinking he's trying to do something similar to Vintage. Not really sure though.

Also heard a restaurant is going into the space on Marshall that was Bongos.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:14 pm 

AvidReader wrote:

Also heard a restaurant is going into the space on Marshall that was Bongos.

Wait . . . Bongos is gone?
That place was very popular when it was on Cherry St. next to the hotel.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:13 pm 

I was looking through photographs of downtown when I noticed the Mooney's space is being gutted? Two photographs had a dumpster at the site and one of them showed the interior being gutted. Is this the building owner creating a warm shell to lease or does that space have a new tenant? I know the owner has the entire building on the market. I've long thought that building should be residential.

Source

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:49 pm 

411 North Cherry Street (former Bongos space) will become Fire Wing House Bar & Grill. "Most" of the vacated spaces are replaced, knock on the wood frame of a Link Apartments building.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88