WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:15 pm 

Heard that the new Culver’s on Fairlawn @ Silas Creek Parkway is opening on August 30.

http://www.culvers.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:33 am 

zalo wrote:
Heard that the new Culver’s on Fairlawn @ Silas Creek Parkway is opening on August 30.

http://www.culvers.com

Another corporate burger franchise. Yawn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:24 pm 

As another locally owned restaurant bites the dust . . .

Quote:
Locally owned restaurant oSo Eats announced Sept. 7 that it will close indefinitely on Sept. 11.

The restaurant has been a staple in Winston-Salem, offering affordable, family-friendly American food in a casual atmosphere at 299 Jonestown Road for 12 years.

https://journalnow.com/entertainment/di ... BKxurra-Xw

From the owner:

Quote:
To the most loyal and BEST customers Ever!!
It is with great sadness and regret that we announce we will be closing oSo Eats indefinitely as of Saturday, September 11th. This has been the most trying and difficult year of all our years in this business and it pains me to do so. However, the stress of trying to balance business, family and everything in between and continue to consistently execute at the standards that we expect of our establishments, has reached its tipping point. We can no longer work 80-90 hours a week with a continuous TSUNAMI of obstacles to over come on a daily basis and keep our mental and physical health as well. We have been burning the candle at both ends for nearly 2 years now with no end in sight. When your PASSION becomes your PRISON (and by default your family’s), it’s best to take a step back to rekindle the love you once had.
We have decided to Regroup, Refocus, ReEnergize and Restructure our business in order to hopefully come out of this stronger than ever before. But if we don’t take a step back Now we will never take 2 steps forward in the Future.
We will still be operating our sister restaurant,THE SHERWOOD, at its normal business hours and we hope to see you all there for the time being as we navigate through these most abnormal and uncertain times.
For the past 12 years at oSo, we have truly given ALL of ourselves to please each and every customer that walked through our doors. There was literally a lot of blood, sweat and tears that went into it. We gave EVERYTHING we had and always kept a smile when we saw you walk through the door. Unfortunately, at the present moment, we have nothing left to give and it kills us to admit that to ourselves, but we feel like this is the right thing to do. Hopefully these next few months will pass and we can all get back to normal once and for all. But until then, please stay safe, enjoy your loved ones and live Happily. It has truly been an HONOR serving you ALL!!
May God Bless us All
Sincerely, Humbly and Heartbroken,
Pete Strates

I never got to try the place, but the reviews were glowing . . .

https://www.yelp.com/biz/oso-eats-winston-salem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:36 am 

O’So is great! Terrific menu with a broad variety of menu items all deliciously prepared. I’d previously suggested for them to open up downtown. I’m hoping this is a pause & not an end. Haven’t tried The Sherwood but I’m sure it’s just as good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:56 am 

A friend in Clemmons told me that a steak house called Dodge City Steakhouse is taking over the old Ruby Tuesday spot. Looks to be a small NC chain with some nearby locations. (Elkin/Mt Airy) Appears to be a Long Horn Steaks type operation, should do well "in the Village"

www.dodgecitysteakhouse.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34