WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:48 am 

Popshelf or pOpshelf is opening in the former World Market space at 1075 Hanes Mall Boulevard on Friday, November 12th. On their website, it shows nine other NC locations either coming soon or recently opened. This will be the first location in the Triad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:02 pm 

I was hoping for something more but it's definitely better than the space sitting empty.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:09 pm 

I too was hoping for a more "upscale" retailer for that site. I was surprised to learn that this will be an upper end division of Dollar General. Their stores will be typically around 9,000 square feet, (I'm thinking that World Market is a good deal larger than that). Its merchandise mix will focus on home decor, beauty items, party supplies, cleaning supplies & more with a majority of the pricing to be no more than $5.00 per item. It will include some DG private label items and the merchandise mix will be changed out frequently to surprise customers with a refreshed assortment on most visits. The shopping demographic they're going for are women with annual HH Incomes of $50,000 to $125,000.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:11 pm 

PopShelf is very popular and is located in other major markets across the state. Good to have one here. I wasn't really sure what other retailers are growing now that could take that size space. It is a good addition. I hope that World Market will re-enter the market in another development somewhere. I know that their rent went up in that location, particularly at the beginning and height of the pandemic. I know they closed their old store in GSO years ago but reopened in recent years in a different, better location. Maybe they could go in where Pier One was located.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12