WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:29 am 

Republicans would have more credibility complaining about masks if they would get vaccinated.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:09 am 

That's true! Now they are saying the new pills take-away the need to get vaccinated. I do find it unusual seeing all of the mask requirements and needs to explain why someone isn't masked in Winston-Salem, when suburban Atlanta doesn't have any mask requirements and I haven't worn a mask outside of a medical office in months! Please keep in mind that I am vaccinated, had COVID-19 earlier this year, and do plan to get a booster, when it's available for me. I wouldn't take the risk without the vaccine.

Ellie & Athos is the newest tenant in the Chronicle Building at 617 North Liberty Street.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:08 am 

Fourth and Main wrote:
That's true! Now they are saying the new pills take-away the need to get vaccinated. I do find it unusual seeing all of the mask requirements and needs to explain why someone isn't masked in Winston-Salem, when suburban Atlanta doesn't have any mask requirements and I haven't worn a mask outside of a medical office in months! Please keep in mind that I am vaccinated, had COVID-19 earlier this year, and do plan to get a booster, when it's available for me. I wouldn't take the risk without the vaccine.

Ellie & Athos is the newest tenant in the Chronicle Building at 617 North Liberty Street.

I don't know if Georgia should be anyone's model for COVID. Similar population to NC with 50% more COVID deaths.

My children just tested positive within the last two weeks, just before they became eligible for the vaccine. Thankfully no major symptoms, but I'm glad we and most of those we interact closely with are vaccinated.

As pediatric vaccinations become more widespread, I'm sure the masking guidelines will relax. They really aren't that big a deal. I'd say staffing issues are a bigger headache than masks. Every time I've gone downtown recently, there were people everywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:09 pm 

The new restaurant in the previous Crafted restaurant location will be Twisted Pine. Judging from their website they will be more than a regurgitation of Crafted (which is what I thought was happening after reading the earlier news article announcing a restaurant by Adam Andrews).
https://andrewsrestaurantsws.com/twisted-pine/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:21 am 

Ronnie's Country Store closing

Quote:
Ronnie's on Cherry will close on December 31. After more than a half century in the grocery business and 26 years at the Cherry Street location as "Ronnie's Country Store," Ronnie Horton is retiring. Store under new ownership and management is moving to a location near the corner of Fourth and Liberty. Intent is to duplicate the environment and shopping experience at the current "Ronnie's" as closely as possible and under the same name. Winston-Salem native and Reynolds High grad Joseph Correll is a principal in the venture.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:34 am 

The Possum wrote:
Ronnie's Country Store closing

Quote:
Ronnie's on Cherry will close on December 31. After more than a half century in the grocery business and 26 years at the Cherry Street location as "Ronnie's Country Store," Ronnie Horton is retiring. Store under new ownership and management is moving to a location near the corner of Fourth and Liberty. Intent is to duplicate the environment and shopping experience at the current "Ronnie's" as closely as possible and under the same name. Winston-Salem native and Reynolds High grad Joseph Correll is a principal in the venture.

I'm glad that it's not going to disappear.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:19 pm 

Fourth and Liberty? Is it going into the old Woolworth's Building???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:01 pm 

zalo wrote:
Fourth and Liberty? Is it going into the old Woolworth's Building???

Yes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:52 pm 

Now I'm glad I didn't post this the other day. Without the moving address, I couldn't post it, and the owner is different from the information I had. I had it in my notes as Mayfair Street Partners buying Ronnies' Country Store. I wasn't sure if it was moving to the retail space on the ground floor of their proposed apartment building or as part of any plans for (if they acquire it) Liberty Plaza or in one of their other projects (Roar or this Woolworth's site). Mayfair's Atlanta office and acquisition team does appear to be the buyer, but they announced it under the name of Joey Correll, who partners with them for food/beverage on major projects. I think he was involved on the restaurant side of Hotel Indigo and was involved in Ford's Food Hall at Roar. They are trying to keep their name off this project? This should bring an end to all previous proposals at the former Woolworth Store site (Moxy Hotel and residential proposals). Mayfair Street Partners is great at adaptive-reuse and can't seem to move forward with any new construction developments.

I think this is a great project, since it brings the closest thing downtown has to a grocery store to the middle of downtown and Mayfair will likely elevate it. This building has potential to offer 27,000 square feet of space on three levels, including the basement. Even if they renovate just the basement and first floor, that is nearly 20,000 square feet or the average size of an urban format grocery store. I've seen some health food stores at that size, too. Liberty Street is the hot street right now!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:29 am 

Maybe I missed it, but what is happening to the current Ronnies' Country Store site?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:14 pm 

I like the concept of Ronnies and the street activity it often has during warmer months. A location near the bus center could be advantageous for the business, not to mention downtown workers and residents.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91