WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:26 am 

Really glad to see Hel's opening. Winston needed a space like that and it looks to be an excellent concept and I'm sure it'll thrive. I also love the fact that it's on trade and directly in the heart of the weekend mix.

Off the Rack and specifically, vintage/resale of streetwear have fascinated me as their competition is pretty brutal and it seems like they're sinking a lot in overhead on what I would assume to be pretty thin margins.

Putting aside the hardcore thrifters who head to mega, goodwill, etc., on a weekly basis for themselves or to flip on Instagram, there's also a pretty thriving community that heads to weekend markets that are micro businesses (ex: camel city clothing) but lack any significant overhead. Generally interested to see if Winston has enough of a streetwear scene to allow the company to lock down their spot in the Winston higher-end thrift market.

I'll be at Finnegan's this weekend and I need some new shoes, so I'm sure I'll stop in to check it out this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:53 pm 

Deacfan wrote:
Off the Rack and specifically, vintage/resale of streetwear have fascinated me as their competition is pretty brutal and it seems like they're sinking a lot in overhead on what I would assume to be pretty thin margins.

I walked over to Off the Rack last weekend and found it to be more nostalgic than vintage thrift. Lots of things from when Gen Xers were in High School and such. Had to pry a pair of Air Force Ones my wife has always wanted out of her hand. I don't know their margins or how often they'll get new things, but there's certainly a niche for them as we age and look for things that remind us of our youth and have disposable income.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:23 pm 

https://onlyjustbe.com/?fs=e&s=cl

Just Be will open a retail store on the ground floor of the Arcade Building, 131 W. 4th St. in downtown Winston-Salem. This will be a great addition to downtown, and especially 4th Street. I was hoping for retail in this space. Great news!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:52 pm 

Big space for jewelry and trinkets… Happy to see it reoccupied!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:04 pm 

razorblaze wrote:
It appears that Sunshine Beverages is moving from their headquarters on Trade Street. Any ideas what’s going to fill that space and/or where they’re moving their headquarters.

Broad Branch Distillery, Fiddlin' Fish, and Celestial Wellness have leased the former Sunshine Beverages location and will open Big Winston Stockhouse there. It will be a community entertainment space that has coffee, sandwiches, beer, and distilled spirts.

Highly Yogivated will open a yoga studio in West End Millworks. https://www.highlyyogivated.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:07 am 

Bloomberg lists Sunshine Beverages’ address as 1151 Canal Drive Suite 103 Winston-Salem, NC 27101 United States.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:14 pm 

The Possum wrote:
Bull’s Tavern - 408 W. Fourth St. - will close permanently on August 27 after nearly a decade.

Bull's Tavern will be replaced by another bar called The Wrong Number. That is a fun name for a bar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:10 am 

Fourth and Main wrote:
The Possum wrote:
Bull’s Tavern - 408 W. Fourth St. - will close permanently on August 27 after nearly a decade.

Bull's Tavern will be replaced by another bar called The Wrong Number. That is a fun name for a bar.

Check out the article in this week’s Yes Weekly about the new bar owner. Quite the unorthodox method of financing!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:37 pm 

zalo wrote:
Fourth and Main wrote:
The Possum wrote:

Check out the article in this week’s Yes Weekly about the new bar owner. Quite the unorthodox method of financing!
That's hilarious.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:37 pm 

Just Be gift shop opens Downtown location

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/ ... sults.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:45 pm 

Read on social media today about Freddy Lee’s (Bernardin’s, Bleu, & Cibo Trattoria) new venture in the 27101 space in the Nissan Bldg. He and long time friend Gopal Chadarana are partnering in a new restaurant called OH’ Calcutta featuring modern Indian eats & drinks based on Lee’s remembrances of growing up in Calcutta where he still has family. He and Gopal will be bringing in experienced Indian chefs from up/down the East Coast including New York.

Still up fitting the space, apparently had a snafu with the Tandoor oven not meeting specs & had to be returned. Estimating a mid January date. This place looks like a strong boost for the international foods category. Can’t wait for them to open. Lee is coming on strong in enhancing the Camel City dining scene, what with the recent announcement of Cibo’s move to a much larger space on Liberty as well as his intention to place another eatery in Cibo’s former site on Trade.

Shout out to Carroll Leggett for sharing the details on this upcoming attraction :tup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:36 pm 

zalo wrote:
Read on social media today about Freddy Lee’s (Bernardin’s, Bleu, & Cibo Trattoria) new venture in the 27101 space in the Nissan Bldg. He and long time friend Gopal Chadarana are partnering in a new restaurant called OH’ Calcutta featuring modern Indian eats & drinks based on Lee’s remembrances of growing up in Calcutta where he still has family. He and Gopal will be bringing in experienced Indian chefs from up/down the East Coast including New York.

Still up fitting the space, apparently had a snafu with the Tandoor oven not meeting specs & had to be returned. Estimating a mid January date. This place looks like a strong boost for the international foods category. Can’t wait for them to open. Lee is coming on strong in enhancing the Camel City dining scene, what with the recent announcement of Cibo’s move to a much larger space on Liberty as well as his intention to place another eatery in Cibo’s former site on Trade.

Shout out to Carroll Leggett for sharing the details on this upcoming attraction :tup:

Awesome! I love Indian food.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:03 pm 

Notice from King's Crab Shack today:

Quote:
Thank you, Winston-Salem,
for being such great supporters at King's Crab Shack & Oyster Bar on Fourth Street Downtown. Ten years have gone by quickly, and it’s time to look at new ventures.
Our second King’s Crab Shack and Oyster Bar location @520 Hanes Mall Blvd in Pavilions Shopping Center will still be offering great seafood and rum buckets and all the other good things. We will be updating the menu with more of a Cajun, Charleston influence. The new owners of the King’s Fourth Street location are local as well, and we know you will give them a hearty welcome.
Thank you all again. We really appreciate your patronage and friendship during the last 10 years!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:24 pm 

The message indicates new owners, but does not indicate if the restaurant will remain the same, become another restaurant, or something else entirely.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:00 pm 

yadkinv wrote:
The message indicates new owners, but does not indicate if the restaurant will remain the same, become another restaurant, or something else entirely.

Mm hm. Seems intentionally vague

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101  Next