WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:10 am 

IceHombre wrote:
The new Nikkei Japanese-Peruvian spot is called Sushi Rose and will be located where Butchers Block was on ground floor of Link IQ.

Quote:
Sushi Rosè will be a modern upscale Nikkei Japanese Peruvian dining experience with a bar serving theatrical cocktails & wine.

"Nikkei Japanese Peruvian" . . .

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/pac ... se-cuisine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:05 am 

Bellissima Bridal is thinking of moving. They want to stay in the same general area and are considering bring life back to 418 West End Boulevard.

Building being considered: https://images1.cityfeet.com/d2/8EtC8Sy ... cument.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:33 am 

That site has a lot of visibility but at 1359 sq ft. Is it bigger than the current location across from Hanes Park?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:11 am 

Saw in the Journal that the Miami's Cafe Brookstown Ave. @ Broad St. (the previous long time home of Rainbow News & Cafe) has been sold for just over $500,000. Anyone have an idea what's going in there?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:45 pm 

I still miss Rainbow. We used to walk there on Sundays, buy an NYT and continue down to Ollie’s for a baguette and a fugasse. So happy that Camino carried on there (though their baguette has really fallen off). A New iteration of Rainbow would be amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:58 pm 

walker wrote:
I still miss Rainbow. We used to walk there on Sundays, buy an NYT and continue down to Ollie’s for a baguette and a fugasse. So happy that Camino carried on there (though their baguette has really fallen off). A New iteration of Rainbow would be amazing!

Let us not forget Peter Tork quietly enjoying a meal undisturbed at the Rainbow News & Cafe.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:27 pm 

walker wrote:

Unfortunately, the original 1892 windows were trashed for cheap-o replacements several years ago - the dark-stained woodwork was painted, and the entire building was entombed in nauseous tan vinyl. The vintage charm that was the Rainbow is sadly lost.

And speaking of entombed . . . there is, reportedly, the skeleton of a horse beneath the floorboards of one of the dining rooms. It has been there a very long time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:03 pm 

Sushi Rose https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnmln40g ... JhMjlhZTc=

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:06 pm 

Great feature article in the WS Journal about the new Downtown Grille opening at 500 W 4th. Sounds like the guys running it really have it together, the decor looks smart, and the dishes delectable!

I hope it does really well, with the support of Don Flow...

https://journalnow.com/entertainment/di ... -top-story

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:43 pm 

wsnc62 wrote:

I hope it does really well, with the support of Don Flow...

https://journalnow.com/entertainment/di ... -top-story

Quote:
The restaurant offers the classic steakhouse wedge salad with bacon and blue-cheese dressing ($14). The lone soup is roasted squash and apple ($13).

The steaks are limited to ribeye, N.Y. strip and filet mignon. The ribeye is available in a 14-ounce portion for $54 or a 22-ounce bone-in serving for two — dry-aged for 35 days — for $80. There’s lobster tail, alone or in a surf and turf with a filet, as well as lamb loin and bone-in pork chop.

Other entrees include a North Carolina crabcake ($44), steak burger ($18), fresh pasta ($24) and Atlantic salmon ($34).

A vegetarian plate ($29) features risotto, Piave cheese and local mushrooms.

Sides ($11 to $12) include roasted broccolini; buttermilk mashed potatoes; flash-fried Brussels sprouts; glazed carrots; and frites with truffle salt, rosemary and grated Piave.

There are three desserts ($10 to $12): a molten chocolate cake with Homeland Creamery ice cream, crème brulee and pistachio éclair.

I don't know of anyone other than Don Flow who can afford to support it.

:shock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:41 am 

Yikes, super expensive! Suitable for the corporate expense account set, I guess. Boo.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:14 am 

I don't expect everyone to want to pay budget prices for fine dining. The cost of running any type of business, let alone a restaurant is super challenging. That aside, we want Winston to have better amenities, and better choices for everything ( aka Ruth Chris's or Cheesecake Factory, which are highly overrated), so all options cannot be burger bar, pizza, tacos, or diner food. Some people in the Winston-Salem market have the money to spend, and want exceptional and farm raised/local foods.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:25 am 

It may be pricey, but it’s important that the city, especially downtown, have fine dining options. It feels good to occasionally have a swanky or elegant dining experience in our city. We shouldn’t have to go out of town to feel siddity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:18 pm 

wsnc62 wrote:
I don't expect everyone to want to pay budget prices for fine dining. The cost of running any type of business, let alone a restaurant is super challenging. That aside, we want Winston to have better amenities, and better choices for everything ( aka Ruth Chris's or Cheesecake Factory, which are highly overrated), so all options cannot be burger bar, pizza, tacos, or diner food. Some people in the Winston-Salem market have the money to spend, and want exceptional and farm raised/local foods.

:good:

I agree...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105