WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:08 am 

The owners of Cugino Forno are looking into possibly opening a new bar at 451 West End Blvd., in West End.

https://www.ltpcommercial.com/listings/ ... -end-blvd/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:08 am 

yadkinv wrote:
The message indicates new owners, but does not indicate if the restaurant will remain the same, become another restaurant, or something else entirely.

Quote:
The owner of the Thirsty Pallet is set to take over the space at 239 West Fourth but has yet to announce plans for the business.

https://journalnow.com/entertainment/di ... mIsLVm1rt8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:58 pm 

This is a continuation of a trend that's been going on the last several years...Running a single location restaurant, never mind multiple locations is a lot of hard work under the best of circumstances, not to mention during a time in the immediate aftermath of a worldwide pandemic with the associated economic upheavals that have ensued. Restaurant sales have been very uneven across the board and its little wonder that we're seeing retrenchments by many restauranteurs to a place where they can exert greater control over their business lives. I believe the closings of Hops Burger Bar and Crafted can be somewhat attributed to this state of affairs. The difficulty of operating multiple restaurants scattered over a few miles, let alone 30 miles away, is in many instances not worth it from a quality of life perspective on the part of an owner's personal life regardless if the restaurant is profitable. Freddy Lee being the exception locally... :wink:

The additional stress on downtown Winston's restaurants also included the shut down of what is now Salem Parkway (old Business 40) for many months only to have the opening of the freeway shanghaied by the Pandemic which commenced less than a year after reopening. Luckily, there are always people waiting in the wings to pick up the baton, as it were, to provide updated options for the downtown crowd. Probably little chance that they will have the restaurant remain focused on seafood, but that's what I would like to see.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:23 am 

Ronnie's Country Store on Liberty Street is now officially Cancelled! :(

Mayfair Street Partners listed the former Woolworth Store (where Ronnie's was moving to) and the neighboring orange building (where Casper's was originally planned to open) with Linville | Team Partners for $1,884,560.

https://www.ltpcommercial.com/listings/ ... ty-street/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:59 am 

This whole proposition by Mayfair made little to no sense at all...It was so far out of their lane that I was concerned that the execution of the plan (whatever it supposedly entailed) would have been a bust. Better have it die on the vine and let something more substantial be developed in that prominent central CBD location.

I do hate to see Ronnie's fade away. I shopped there occasionally & thought it added a special niche to downtown shopping. It would have been preferable to have someone buy the business and establish space at Winston Junction. That would have been a solid win and would have been successful. IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:33 pm 

Concurrently, it appears the O'Hanlon Building for sale listing has also been taken down. It seems to be pending sale (again).

Lots of change for that street corner in just a matter of days!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:51 am 

I'm guessing the issue with the Ronnie's project is the building itself? I've heard that building is in rough shape. It's like the extremely rough buildings Nationwide Marketing and Wiseman Brewing renovated. Joey Correll is more than capable of bringing Ronnie's back and adaptive-reuse is something Mayfair does well. I think it's the severely deteriorated building and notice both of Mayfair's retail buildings are bundled. If only Mayfair would sell the site at the corner of Third and Liberty. I've heard someone approached Mayfair about painting a mural on the back of Hotel Indigo, not expecting them to build anything around it. :haha: I do think the park and museum will make that area more attractive. We may have to wait a while for major change at these sites/buildings, though.

It appears as if 712 Brookstown has a buyer. It should be interesting to see what happens there. That structure needs to be converted back to residential. It's a horrible location for a restaurant.

https://meridianrealty.com/property/712 ... -avenue-2/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:51 pm 

Yes! :rockon:
Quote:
Prolific Triad chef Freddy Lee hopes to open Indian fusion restaurant in downtown Winston-Salem early in 2023

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2022/12/05/freddy-lee-chef-oh-calcutta-winston-salem.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:32 pm 

King's Crab Shack will be replaced by Hungry Palate Restaurant.

Pallet / Palate... it works with their other business' name. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:33 pm 

Fourth and Main wrote:

Any word on menu?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:36 am 

The last I heard, it wasn't firmly set-in-stone at that time.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:18 pm 

Bitty and Beau’s Coffee attracting huge crowds https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl_ppUeA ... JhMjlhZTc=

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:45 am 

zalo wrote:
Fourth and Main wrote:

Any word on menu?

Quote:
It’s basically a bar and grill. We’ll have flatbread pizzas, salads, wings and sandwiches [ ... ] We’ll have 20 taps and 15 of those will be local or regional

- Eric Zyglis

:sleepy:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:08 pm 

:good:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:56 pm 

Social media in DT Winston are reporting that the owners of Xcarret Mexican Grill & La_Chindaga on West Fourth is opening a nightclub in the old Bibs BBQ location on West Fifth. It’s called ALV, which stands for Authentic, Live & Vibrant. It will have live music, bottle service, drinks and what is being described as an unmatched experience. DJ’s and Luce bands will be performing on the weekends and are looking into having comedy nights in the future.

I’m wishing them much success! :rockon: Winston needs this type of nocturnal enterprise to fill out more completely it’s entertainment options for everyone. Nightclubs have had an uneven run in the Camel City.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next