WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 10:50 am 

The Possum wrote:
Fourth and Main wrote:
Carolina's Vineyards and Hops is relocating to 408 Salem Avenue. It appears to be an old vacant building with a partially collapsed parapet? O'Brian Architecture is the architect and Frank L. Blum Construction is the general contractor.

Where they are moving: https://www.google.com/maps/place/408+S ... 80.2436759

Right next door to the sketchy Fish Tables place in the former Mystic (and originally Gulf) gas station at the corner of Broad St. . . . interesting social dynamic. The corner of the parapet collapsed last year. The rest of the building remains solid. This will be a huge improvement for the block.

Hurray! A huge improvement indeed. I noticed that someone had cleared away all the kudzu (visible in the photo posted by F&M). I hope they know that kudzu roots go deep -- they may be battling kudzu for years to come! Now if something could be done about the former gas station (now apparently an online gambling parlor) on the corner...

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 11:00 am 

The Possum wrote:
Fourth and Main wrote:
Carolina's Vineyards and Hops is relocating to 408 Salem Avenue. It appears to be an old vacant building with a partially collapsed parapet? O'Brian Architecture is the architect and Frank L. Blum Construction is the general contractor.

Where they are moving: https://www.google.com/maps/place/408+S ... 80.2436759

Right next door to the sketchy Fish Tables place in the former Mystic (and originally Gulf) gas station at the corner of Broad St. . . . interesting social dynamic. The corner of the parapet collapsed last year. The rest of the building remains solid. This will be a huge improvement for the block.

Is it true that they are going to include a dog park like the new one coming on N Liberty as well?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 12:48 am 

The Bamboo Lounge will open at 631 North Trade Street.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 1:47 am 

Has Joey Medaloni closed down the Tasting Room??? Or is he opening up a new venue?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 8:40 am 

Quote:
Has Joey Medaloni closed down the Tasting Room??? Or is he opening up a new venue?
I was just there Saturday afternoon. It seemed business as usual. :dontknow:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:41 am 

This happens frequently in Winston-Salem. So frequently, I may know what the issue is: It could be another case of that being the entire building's address and it's one of the storefronts in the building? A lease signed for that "building" and not the "exact address." It could also be an upstairs tenant? Maybe two tenants sharing one space? Or maybe the Tasting Room is moving to a larger space and will announce it soon (maybe waiting on a lease expiration)? I guess we shall see. Usually, it's the "entire building's address" issue. If there is a space in that building that is "for lease / available," it's likely that space? Sometimes it can take months to know for sure (remember the Tulum Bar & Grill tenant that I posted on nearly a year ago and it was only recently announced).

This isn't a tenant thinking about starting something and maybe considering this building. This is a tenant that has decided to open and selected that building. I can share this: Bamboo Lounge will be owned by Tony Stevens, who is best known for the "Vintage Sofa Bar" and "Whiskey Dawgs" bar. It should be nice. Maybe we will have clarity on that address issue in the next few weeks?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:05 am 

Thanks F&M, reminds one of the Sherlock Holmes’s abode dilemma. Most think 221B Baker Street was Mrs. Hudson’s townhouse address, but that was actually 221 Baker Street with the B designation for Mr. Holmes’s apartment. Of course, it was all fictional as the numbering of Baker Street did not extend beyond the 100s in Holmes’s early years - a bit of levity.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 1:11 pm 

Actually, that building has 3 street addresses. From South to North, its 629, 631 & 633 N. Trade with the Tasting Room being in the space assigned to 631. Perhaps its 629 as I believe that space is currently vacant.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:30 am 

Fête Bar and Lounge is looking at the Brookstown and Burke area. I'm not sure of the exact location at this time?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:19 am 

Fourth and Main wrote:
Fête Bar and Lounge is looking at the Brookstown and Burke area. I'm not sure of the exact location at this time?

Any information on the concept? Lighthouse is still sitting vacant to my knowledge.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:07 pm 

zalo wrote:
Fourth and Main wrote:

411 North Cherry Street will become Tulum Bar & Grill. Construction could begin early next month.

So they’re putting in a full kitchen? That site has the potential be a very popular venue what with is location just off W Fourth and within sight of the convention center/hotels.

Can someone please snap a photo of the historic storefront of 411 N. Cherry?

I'm told that it has suffered an egregious act of architectural vandalism.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:32 am 

Here is a picture from Facebook. Woof.

https://scontent-iad3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=6295F7E3

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:20 am 

Pretty awful but that storefront had long ago been ruined (sometime 20+ yrs ago at least). Sad they didn't want to bring back some glass to make the restaurant airier...

What really chaps my hide is the vandalism of the old shoe store (now smoke shop-cum convenience store) next to what is now the crab shack on 4th. That place had walk-in window nooks that would have been stellar for a bar. I seem to recall that the owner was a teetotaler and would not lease to alcohol-related businesses. It's seen a succession of unsuccessful businesses including, as I recall, a golf cart showroom and gotten more and more tawdry with each iteration. My only hope is that the original shopwindows are still there behind the brown-painted plywood!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:25 am 

Hel's Bar will open at Trade Street Market (545 North Trade Street) in the space that was planned for Pullium's Hotdogs (103-105). As you may remember, the hotdog space was planned to have an outdoor space, so this space will too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:13 am 

Encore Bank signs lease for first Triad branch in new downtown office facility. At Bailey South.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/ ... salem.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next