WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:23 am 

Nothing's quite as appetizing as black rubber gloves handling food...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:28 am 

zalo wrote:
Sabor Latin Street Grill, an expanding fast casual chain out of Charlotte, is opening up in the former Qdoba at Miller Street Market. Their menu includes tacos, burritos, enchiladas, etc…

http://www.saborcharlotte.com

Absolutely love Sabor and this is a huge get for Winston. They've been expanding rapidly over the last 3-4 years in and around Charlotte. They have a location in Greenville SC, but outside of that, this is their first move away from the Charlotte Metro. If I had to bet, this is just the start of their expansion through the state and we'll see other triad and triangle locations pop up in the next 18 months.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:38 am 

And let's not forget Bingo-Bango Soda Company. Go Bingo-Bango.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:34 pm 

yadkinv wrote:
And let's not forget Bingo-Bango Soda Company. Go Bingo-Bango.

Not familiar with this company. What’s up with them?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:39 pm 

https://bingo-bango.com/ Quiet impressive! Normally, I don't find websites extraordinary, but I like this one a lot. Also, I didn't realize it was this widely distributed (click on find our soda) - still mostly local, but expanding, it seems.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:24 pm 

Interesting concept! He has a very compelling story. I have learned that he has a kickstarter campaign ongoing through February 15. Trying to raise $30,000 to take his business to the next level. Hope perhaps some on here might contribute.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/bingobangosoda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:01 pm 

Plow & Hearth has closed its store at Thruway. It opened in 2011 and was the retailer's sole NC location.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:37 am 

The Possum wrote:
Plow & Hearth has closed its store at Thruway. It opened in 2011 and was the retailer's sole NC location.

Saul Centers should get on the phone to Pottery Barn and make a deal to get them back to Camel City. PB had been here over 25 years (which means that they had multiple lease renewals @ Hanes Mall). I believe that the opportunity of shifting their operations to an open air center like Friendly Ctr. which fits more into their strategy for brick & mortar stores going forward was facilitated by the fact that their West Elm store failed in GSO & they had an existing lease that CBL did not want to lose. Now that a comparable space is available at Thruway, I hope the owners there put in an aggressive marketing campaign to get them back to the city. :dance:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:43 am 

What interested people need to do is send the Pottery Barns of the world a letter (their headquarters is in San Francisco) if they are interested in a brand in their market. I sent Pottery Barn a letter back in 1999, and within two years they were at Hanes Mall. If they know they are needed, or wanted, they might say hey....we should be in that market. I'm not saying that I am the reason Pottery Barn opened in Winston-Salem, heaven knows I don't shop there, but I was interested enough for major players to be in Winston-Salem the last time I lived there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:37 pm 

Wsnc, I totally agree! The time it takes to participate in social media can be much better spent involving ourselves in civic action. City government is incredibly underwhelmed by citizen input. A single letter or phone call has tremendous impact because they are constituted so as to be responsive to input. The raw number of letters is not relevant.

Likewise, influencers have tremendous power over brands but siting hinges on verifiable on-the-ground interest.

We invest in Bookmarks. We buy tables at Ramkat. We dine downtown. These are the actions that matter to folk making decisions and they're within each of our abilities every day!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:32 am 

Quote:
We invest in Bookmarks. We buy tables at Ramkat. We dine downtown. These are the actions that matter to folk making decisions and they're within each of our abilities every day!

:good:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:47 pm 

Saul Centers is showing that O2Fitness is taking over the 30,000 sq ft back portion of the former Stein Mart location @ Thruway.

http://www.o2fitnessclubs.com

Sephora is taking over 7600 sq ft next to Trader Joe’s.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:06 am 

zalo wrote:
Saul Centers is showing that O2Fitness is taking over the 30,000 sq ft back portion of the former Stein Mart location @ Thruway.

Saul Centers is showing Select Comfort, the bedding store, which has a location in Hanes Mall is taking over the old Bonefish Grill location. It looks like Thruway will be contributing to Hanes Mall’s vacancy issue as I don’t think that Sephora or Sleep Select will keep two locations open within the city.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:12 am 

zalo wrote:
zalo wrote:

Saul Centers is showing Select Comfort, the bedding store, which has a location in Hanes Mall is taking over the old Bonefish Grill location. It looks like Thruway will be contributing to Hanes Mall’s vacancy issue as I don’t think that Sephora or Sleep Select will keep two locations open within the city.

This seems like a sad use for the Bonefish Grill spot. It's been a restaurant since they closed the theater. Another mattress store is not what we need in a high profile space.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:05 pm 

ItWasCitizenKane wrote:
zalo wrote:
zalo wrote:

This seems like a sad use for the Bonefish Grill spot. It's been a restaurant since they closed the theater. Another mattress store is not what we need in a high profile space.

I agree with you 100%. But in fairness to Thruway, where I think the challenge for that space stands is that there is precious little parking in front of the building so the most logical users would be those retailers that do not generate higher traffic volumes like a restaurant. From that perspective it makes sense to have uses like Fast Med, the Hand/Stone massage spot, etc... in that frontline building.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next