WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Wed May 18, 2022 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:41 pm 

Ham's Restaurant at Thruway has closed.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:56 pm 

"Over these past many years" = "over the past 2.5 years"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:03 pm 

Chopt, a New York City-based chain featuring salads as entrees, is coming to Thruway Shopping Center in Winston-Salem with a March 15 target opening date.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:00 pm 

It’s being reported that Walgreens will be closing the Rite Aid at Thruway. The pharmacy records will be transferred to the Walgreens on Cloverdale Ave near Baptist Hospital. That’s a good sized spot. Anyone have any suggestions as to what would be a good replacement store? The 7700 Sq ft Hams is still available along with the 2200 sq ft Hair Body & Soul space which fronts Stratford Road near Bonefish Grill.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:46 am 

Some ideas:
Apple Store
Brooks Brothers
Crate and Barrel
If another clothing retailer joins the shopping center it would be nice to have one that has mens clothing. Mostly all the stores at Thruway are for women.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:15 am 

An Apple Store is needed greatly I'm sure. I cannot imagine a city the size of Winston-Salem not having an Apple Store and folk having to drive 25 miles to the nearest store.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:42 pm 

To be honest, you don’t have to have an Apple Store to buy Apple. I bought my first one at Northlake, (had to make an appointment! :huh: ), and upgraded several years later at an AT&T store. You can buy Apple products at phone stores, cellular outlets, Target, Walmart, etc... I’d rather see Thruway have HT consolidate to the Cloverdale location from its super cramped space, and build a two-storey Crate & Barrel or RH Home store at that site, if no developer is ever going to spring for a small-scale high end lifestyle center similar to Philips Place for Winston-Salem.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:12 pm 

I'd like to see a CVS there. :dontknow:

Wasn't Rite-Aid the only pharmacy in Thruway?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:34 am 

I agree you don't have to go to an Apple store to buy Apple products but it is a store brand that people look for in a city and feel that a "cool" city has to have. It is kind of like Cheesecake Factory....people look for them in certain cities.

I do agree that I would prefer the Harris Teeter to consolidate to Cloverdale and open up space for larger plate stores like Crate and Barrel, Restoration Hardware or even a small luxury department store. Imagine how great it would be if a small Nordsrom, Bloomingdale or Saks opened up at Thruway. It would usher in other luxury label stores that aren't currently in the Triad

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:41 pm 

winston's finest wrote:
I agree you don't have to go to an Apple store to buy Apple products but it is a store brand that people look for in a city and feel that a "cool" city has to have. It is kind of like Cheesecake Factory....people look for them in certain cities.

I agree with all of this. When I lived in Columbia, SC, there was always an article in the paper about why Cola did not have an Apple store; you either go to Charlotte, Augusta, Greenville, or Charleston. That leads to people to wondering what is wrong with Columbia's retail scene and figuring out a way to change that. By contrast, I now live outside of Boston and there are a ton of stores in the area, but you only see them in certain areas, areas that are perceived to be more affluent versus others.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:05 am 

And so, it seems as if Apple perceives Winston-Salem to be a suburb of Greensboro even though Winston-Salem is a separate metropolitan area.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 am 

OrangeTheory, a rapidly growing national fitness chain has announced for Thruway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:56 pm 

Has anyone heard LuLuLemon is to add a store at Thruway near OrangeTheory?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:14 pm 

WestEnd88 wrote:
Has anyone heard LuLuLemon is to add a store at Thruway near OrangeTheory?

The WSJ reporting in today’s edition that Lululemon is opening up at Thruway in what I think is the old Hair, Body & Soul space.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:41 am 

Little Richard's BBQ is opening up in August in the old Five Points restaurant space in Stratford Place after a major remodel where they revamp the inside and make exterior changes. Very disappointed by this news, not that I don't like their BBQ, but that restaurant space is one of the most upscale layouts and deserves a more upmarket eatery. This is a major underutilization of that space especially the bar area. They would be perfectly successful in any vacant strip center in that area.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next