WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Thu May 19, 2022 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:49 pm 

V's Barbershop, a franchise upscale barbershop has opened at 380-C Knollwood Street next to Noble's Grill. They have in addition to haircuts, hot lather shaves, facial and facial massages, as well as in store shoe shines. This is about the third upscale men's franchised barbershop that opened up over the last 6-7 years. Hope this one sticks around. Although I don't think they're too worried over at Mt. Tabor Barber Shop :wink:

Here's the link: http://vbarbershop.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:15 am 

Nice. Here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VbarbershopWinstonSalem

Looks like they have a TV at each chair. Unbelievable. I guess it won't be long before they start putting TVs in funeral homes. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:05 am 

The only one in NC apparently.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 pm 

Magnolia Construction is working on a store upfit on the leftover Borders space next to Trader Joe's. Haven't heard of any prospects but it looks like that they are taking all that space. Also the empty space down between New Balance & the Mattress Firm on the north end of the bldg. Has paper up in the window, could be someone is working on an upfit there as well. Anyone heard anything???

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:00 pm 

zalo wrote:
Magnolia Construction is working on a store upfit on the leftover Borders space next to Trader Joe's. Haven't heard of any prospects but it looks like that they are taking all that space. Also the empty space down between New Balance & the Mattress Firm on the north end of the bldg. Has paper up in the window, could be someone is working on an upfit there as well. Anyone heard anything???

Thanks to Fran Daniel of WSJ, mystery solved. Looks like Winston really embraced his store :rockon:

Bevello, a contemporary fashions retailer based in Raleigh, plans to move out of its current location between Chico’s and The Jewel Box at Thruway by mid-July. The store will go in the remaining space vacated in September 2011 by Border’s. Bevello sells women’s apparel, shoes, accessories and gifts. The accessories include jewelry and scarves. “We have customers from high school to (age) 35 plus,” said owner Chan Namgong. “We have a lot of mom and daughters shop together.” Bevello caters to business women but offers a mix of styles, including casual, day-to-night and weekend attire.
Namgong opened his first Bevello and flagship store in Cameron Village in Raleigh in July 2009. His second store opened at Thruway in October 2009. It is the only Bevello in the Triad. Namgong has a chain of 19 stores in six states, including Alabama, Illinois and Texas. He plans to open three more new stores by the end of July — two in Texas and one in Illinois. He employs 150 people.

Bevello at Thruway will go from about 1,700 square feet to 6,000 square feet. “I wanted to expand our store and have so much more merchandise and make a huge statement, too, that we are really in it to make our Winston-Salem store another flagship store for us,” Namgong said.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:11 am 

I really like that attitude!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:27 am 

Schiffman's Jewelers in Stratford Place is completely remodeling their showroom & taking in an additional 1800 square feet next door that was the former location of Blue Ridge Ice Cream to expand their designer lines & add more showroom space according to both the Bus Journal & WSJ.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:13 am 

[quote="zalo"]Magnolia Construction is working on a store upfit on the leftover Borders space next to Trader Joe's. Haven't heard of any prospects but it looks like that they are taking all that space. Also the empty space down between New Balance & the Mattress Firm on the north end of the bldg. Has paper up in the window, could be someone is working on an upfit there as well. Anyone heard anything???[/quote]

A home décor store called Southern Home & Kitchen is opening in this space by the end of May. It will stock tableware, all types of items for the kitchen and giftware as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:44 am 

There's fencing covering about 90% of the parking lot out from Chick Fil A fronting Knollwood at Thruway? Has anybody heard anything on this? It was the site of a gas station, wondering if there is some environmental work that is being done or it is going to be developed as an outparcel?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:13 pm 

Might just be gayproofing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:33 am 

The WSJ is reporting that High Point Bank will open their first full service branch in W-S in an existing bank bldg. next to Windsor Jewelers at 536 S. Stratford Road. It will keep open its commercial banking office in the 110 Oakwood Drive bldg. nearby. It entered the Forsyth County market in 2007 with a Kernersville branch. It currently has nine locations in the Triad, with a commercial office in Greensboro.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:31 am 

Bruegger's Bagels has closed their store at the Towers S/C as of last weekend. Looks like the local guy at Bagel Station have come out on top. I wonder if he would be interested in taking over that space. He went into Whitaker Square when Chesapeake Bagel closed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:00 pm 

Is it just my perception, or do bagels seem so last century ( the last 25 years of it anyway ). . . at least in the South?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:17 pm 

The Possum wrote:
Is it just my perception, or do bagels seem so last century ( the last 25 years of it anyway ). . . at least in the South?

Who cares? I LOVE bagels.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:56 pm 

Me too . . . yet they seem less far less ubiquitous than in years past. I also love pay phones, huge Sunday newspapers, and Downtown department stores with escalators.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next