WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Random W-S Photos
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:06 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:21 pm 

Great pics, Dogwood. I have lots of pics that I would love to share. How do I post them on this forum? I can't seem to figure it out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:57 am 

dtws wrote:
Great pics, Dogwood. I have lots of pics that I would love to share. How do I post them on this forum? I can't seem to figure it out.

Hi DTWS - I use Photobucket to host my photos, but there are other sites available...

1. First thing you'll need to do is create a free Photobucket.com account.

2. Within Photobucket, you'll need to upload photos from your computer's HD to your Photobucket's "library."

3. Once an image is uploaded to your Photobucket library, click on that particular image (within your library) and it will drive you to a landing page with a unique URL for that particular image.

4. Once on the unique landing page for that specific photo...Look to the right-hand side of the photo for the "share links" section. Simply click on the "IMG" URL text and your computer should automatically copy the URL. If it doesn't automatically copy it, just copy the code.

5. Since you've copied the "IMG" URL, the "Img" forum code is already attached to the URL.... so all you need to do is paste the copied URL to a forum post and it will automatically link the photo and appear on the forum. If you delete an image from your Photobucket, it will no longer appear on the forum.

Hope this explanation clarifies the process. If not, this article may help... http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724424-Linking-to-Forums

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:55 am 

Dogwood, so are you saving photos to your Photobucket account that you are getting from other sources? An example being your post under Transportation showing the Triad City Beat article with a posted picture of the B-40 bike path through downtown.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:47 pm 

zalo wrote:
Dogwood, so are you saving photos to your Photobucket account that you are getting from other sources? An example being your post under Transportation showing the Triad City Beat article with a posted picture of the B-40 bike path through downtown.

The majority of the photos I post are my own photos, taken from an iPhone. The exceptions being examples like you pointed out. I'll post a photo from an article in hopes that the image adds value to the forum and may fuel interest in clicking the article link.

If a photo is already on the internet and has its own unique URL, there's no need to upload to Photobucket because you can link directly from the forum to the image's URL. In order to embed an image that is a part of an article to the forum, I right-click the image within the article and copy the "Image URL," which I then paste into forum directly using the forum's "Img" coding button.

If I take a screen grab of a Google Street View building or overhead satellite image for context, I will save that screen grab to my Photobucket for hosting in order to have the image on the forum (needs a direct URL).

I've been a daily/weekly reader since I've joined the forum, and I'm trying to make a better effort to generate content and post images of development to add value for others. I'm very grateful to other readers who post information and think this is a great community!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:58 am 

This picture is available for download from this month's issue of Smitty's Notes. This is one of my favorite views of downtown taken from the GMAC Tower. I would like to get the idea planted with Channels 12, 8 & 2 to request permission to put their respective sky cams on the GMAC Bldg. postioned with this shot in mind as I believe it offers a better (more beautiful) visual of DTWS. The current skycam sites on the Winston Tower doesn't provide the same urban perspective of what Downtown really looks like. Is a Change.org petition appropriate? :)

https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... ef4746.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:09 am 

zalo wrote:
This picture is available for download from this month's issue of Smitty's Notes. This is one of my favorite views of downtown taken from the GMAC Tower. I would like to get the idea planted with Channels 12, 8 & 2 to request permission to put their respective sky cams on the GMAC Bldg. postioned with this shot in mind as I believe it offers a better (more beautiful) visual of DTWS. The current skycam sites on the Winston Tower doesn't provide the same urban perspective of what Downtown really looks like. Is a Change.org petition appropriate? :)

https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... ef4746.jpg

Great idea! I've never understood having a camera on the Winston Tower when it overlooks everything downtown except the Wells Fargo Tower.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:29 pm 

I'm not sure where to post this.

Cycling competitions aren't new to Winston-Salem. This is from 1977! It's interesting to see some of the past tenants in buildings around the park.

[youtube]xS2rWxokwhA[/youtube]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:42 pm 

This looks as good a place as any to put this video. Found this on the FCPL website. Nice selection of scenes from around the city from the '50's thru the '70's.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:39 am 

I have begun posting photos of Winston-Salem here ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/wsnc/
I posted a few older photos as well as photos of Bailey Power Plant taken yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:12 am 

Great pix! Thanks for posting. I noticed that the fountain at Bailey Park was being repaired. Hopefully, they will finally get this done right. I had earlier noticed that the veneer underneath the waterfall was peeling.

Really impressed with the way the power plant is turning out. Hopefully, now that its months from completion, that they can finally land some retail tenants for the ground floor. I'm still on board with getting a bowling alley/bar such as Strike City and other novelty type restaurant bars that you would find at Charlotte's Epicenter fill in those spaces to create a regional entertainment center. I hope they are able to achieve that stated goal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:19 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:12 pm 

January in the City

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:49 pm 

That's very cool - looks like an impressionist painting.