WSTB

Winston-Salem's Tallest Buildings and Skyscrapers
It is currently Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rosenbacher Mansion
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:59 pm 

http://www.journalnow.com/business/busi ... eb76a.html

A very nice feature on the Rosenbacher Mansion on 5th Street in Saturday's Business Section of the WSJ. The print edition was actually better, with more interesting photos. Thank you to this couple, Joe and Jodi Williams, for stepping up to save this property, which is the last of the examples of houses on Millionaires Row, when 5th Street was lined with houses of Winston-Salem's elite like the Reynoldses and Grays. The Williamses and their company are currently involved in the Big Winston project, and the Bailey Park at East End. "We're growing very fast," Williams said.

So I hope that LMI is perhaps the next big player in Winston-Salem development, and can help get some much talked about projects underway.

Also, Preservation North Carolina should be commended for helping save this house, which with it's sale, will have protective covenants attached to the deed.

Post subject: Re: Rosenbacher Mansion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:53 am 

I walk by Rosenbacher Mansion often and have stopped to stare more than once. She really is a Grand Old Dame, even to my untrained eye. There is already a lift on site and I saw a worker making some initial repairs to one of the gable areas a day or two ago. There are several homes in the immediate area in need of restoration.

Post subject: Re: Rosenbacher Mansion
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:27 pm 

Does anyone know the story behind the Victorian house just west and across the street from Rosenbacher? It has been in various stages of renovation for decades... Beautiful house, really needs someone to take it in hand!